*Always consult with your baby’s pediatrician prior to feeding them formula and on best practices and preparation techniques.
HiPP Dutch Formula
Preparing formula with boiled water
Ask your baby's doctor if you should boil water when preparing formula, and whether or not you need to boil utensils, bottles, nipples, and rings in water before each use. If you choose to boil, follow these steps:
- Wash hands and sterilize all equipment according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Bring water to a rolling boil for one minute, then turn off the heat. Let cool for no longer than 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Measure the required amount of water into a sterilized bottle (referring to the Feeding Guide on the packaging).
- Using the scoop provided add the correct number of scoops of powder – 1 level scoop of powder to each fluid ounce of water. Level off the powder. Do not press the powder.
- Place the sterilized nipple on the bottle and shake well until the powder has dissolved (approx. 15 seconds).
- Cool to drinking temperature (approx. 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit / 37 degrees Celsius) by holding the bottle under cold running water. ALWAYS test the temperature of the milk before feeding.
Note: Bottled or filtered water is not a suitable replacement for water that has been boiled, but it might be a better alternative to tap water in some areas. If you are concerned about lead or other harmful substances in your water, talk to your healthcare professional before making formula with tap water.
Carefully follow the preparation and dosage instructions
Use only the provided scoop
Avoid preparing bottles ahead of time. Leftover formula should be discarded after 1 hour maximum if not refrigerated
To prevent dental decay, do not allow baby to continually suckle bottle
Do not use a microwave to heat
Please keep away from heat and humidity
Once the packet is open, use within 2 weeks
Storing formula in a glass or Stainless steel container is recommended
Expiration date is indicated on each box in the European format Day/Month/Year
The quantities of daily feeding are shown for guidance only. Minor deviations are perfectly safe. Refer to product packaging for most up-to-date information.