Holle Organic Spelt Porridge 250g - 4 Months+Regular price $ 20.00 Sale price $ 14.95 Save $ 5.05
Age: Suitable from 4 months
Package Size: 250g
Country of origin: Germany / Austria
Certified organic by EU standards
Demeter wholegrain spelt flour, vitamin B1
Preparation Options After 4 Months
Preparation using infant formula:
Prepare 170ml of your chosen infant formula (according to instructions). Pour the prepared formula into a bowl and stir in 18g of porridge (approx. 3-4 tablespoons). Allow to soak and cool to body temperature (approx. 37°C).
Half milk porridge:
Boil 100ml full fat milk and 100ml of water and allow to cool to approx. 50°C. Pour the liquid into a bowl and stir in 25g of porridge (approx. 5 tablespoons). Allow to soak and cool to body temperature (approx. 37°C).
Preparation using breast milk:
Stir 25g of porridge (approx. 5 tablespoons) into 130ml warm breast milk. Please note: in order to preserve valuable nutrients do not heat breast milk over 40°C. Breast milk naturally contains enzymes that liquefy the porridge. This phenomenon does not affect the quality of the meal in any way.
Boil 200ml water and allow to cool to approx. 50°C. Add 25g of the porridge (approx. 5 tablespoons) and stir in 1 teaspoon of edible oil until the desired consistency is reached.
Dairy-free porridge with fruit or vegetables:
Mix 20g of porridge (approx. 4 tablespoons) with 100g fruit-based baby food from a jar or 100g freshly pureed fruit and add 1 teaspoon of edible oil. Add water (approx. 90ml, boiled, 50°C). Alternatively use 160g warm vegetable-based baby food from a jar and add 2 teaspoons of the oil. Variation: Add meat (30g) to the porridge.
Preparation Options After 6 Months
Preparation using infant Follow-on Formula:
Boil 150 ml water and allow to cool to approx. 50°C. Add 5 measuring spoons of Holle Organic Infant Follow-on Formula 2 before stirring in 18g of porridge (3-4 tablespoons). From 10 months onwards porridges can also be prepared using Holle Organic Growing-Up Milk 3.
1 tablespoon porridge = 5g
- Follow the preparation instructions. For your baby's continuing health please follow all instructions carefully.
- Always freshly prepare food and do not re-use leftovers.
- Do no heat baby food in the microwave (scalding risk).
- Always check the temperature before giving the porridge to your baby (approx. 37°C).
- Pay special attention to your baby's dental hygiene once his or her first tooth has come through.
- Pediatrician's advice is recommended prior to the administration of the product.
- When using fresh milk Holle recommends adding 2 tablespoons of vitamin C -rich fruit juice to improve iron absorption.
- Dairy-free recipes contain almost no fat. For these recipes Holle recommends adding 1-2 tablespoons of edible oil.